Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Baked Teriyaki Chicken

Chicken is really easy to cook, there isn't a lot of thought required to make it. I mean, you can cook chicken a million different ways, and if you are lazy you can just marinate it or toss a sauce on top. I suppose pork is equally as simple, but beef, that's a different story, I always have trouble figuring out something to do with beef. So Chicken Teriyaki it is, I will also serve rice and broccoli.

Baked Teriyaki Chicken (I am grilling it)
by: All Recipes

INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
12 skinless chicken thighs (using chicken breast)

DIRECTIONS
In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). (Grill)

Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking. (Brush with sauce every 3 minutes when using a grill)


Pictures to follow, I still need to update the last two days pictures and take new pictures. bear with me!

2 comments:

~Amber~ said...

I will have to try this because I love a good teriyaki chicken and have yet to try to make any myself. Thank you for sharing.

Trisha said...

TAG! You're it! ;) One of the WC/WFD Nesties started this little game ;) The details are in my blog: http://onetinypinkkitchen.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to join us!
Have fun :)