Friday, June 1, 2007

First Post...

I finally decided to jump on the food blogging band-wagon a day late and a dollar short.
I hope to have the opportunity to plan 31 day menus without breaking the bank. I anticipate by creating a menu in advance that we save money, eat out less, and have better portion control.

For the month of June, these are my menu ideas, I am planning to make everything from scratch with the help of a few canned goods, ie. broths, bottled sauce/marinades.

I have taken many recipes from TheNest - What's for Dinner, William Sonoma, AllRecipes, and Fellow bloggers. If I failed to credit your dish please post a comment and I will credit you.

Main Dishes:

Sesame chicken
Chili + cornbread
Honey Balsamic Pork chops
Chicken Tortilla soup
Beef Stroganoff
White Chicken Garlic Pizza (ranch)
Cheesy Enchilada Stack
Chicken Quesadillas
Chicken Tacos
Ground Turkey Tacos
Chicken Teriyaki
Cheeseburger Calzones
Gyros
Buttermilk fried chicken
Chicken stir fry
Beef stir fry
Pizza bread
Lasagna roll ups or Lasagna
Burgers
Chicken salad
Sweet & sour Chicken
Onion mushroom Chicken
My special chicken
Ground turkey dip
Roasted chicken with garlic balsamic sauce
Basil chicken
Chicken with 40 garlic cloves
Chicken Cacciatore
Jamaican beef patties
Apple stuffed chicken breast
Beef & Bean Chimichangas

My side dishes include but are not limited to:

White rice
Jasmine rice
Mushroom Risotto
Spinach Risotto
Green Beans
Corn
Corn Bread
Roasted Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes
Cheddar Rice
Chicken Rice

My desserts and goodies include:

Blueberry muffins
Peach Cobbler
Chocolate chip cookies
Apple dumplings
Spice Cake
Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin Bread

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great start! I think its great you're starting a blog ~ have fun, let your creative juices flow and happy cooking :)

~Amber~ said...

Wow, all those meals sound awesome. I can't wait to see the pictures and recipes for all of them.

Welcome to the "blogwagon"! (you should consider joining the foodie blogroll too.)