My partner, Val loves Sesame Chicken, so I’ve been trying to replicate sesame chicken, it seems I get better and better each time I try.
Sesame Chicken
EVOO
2 Chicken breast sliced into pieces
¼ cup. Toasted sesame seeds (be careful they pop if toasted at high heat!)
1 tsp. Chinese Five spice Powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1. tsp. Ginger powder
A pinch of brown sugar
3 tbsp. Honey
5 tbsp. Teriyaki sauce - It is simple to make your own
In a ziplock bag, add flour and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Place the chicken in the bag and coat chicken.
Heat EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil, I WILL NOT REPEAT THIS!) in a wok over med-hi heat.
Brown chicken on both sides until done, while it is cooking add 5 spice and ginger.
Drain oil from wok, reduce heat to low or simmer and add teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and honey, once well coated and sauce is warm add sesame seeds.
I serve this with Jasmine rice. Normally, I would add a veggie, but I need to go to the grocery store, so for tonight this is it.
Enjoy!
Sesame Chicken
EVOO
2 Chicken breast sliced into pieces
¼ cup. Toasted sesame seeds (be careful they pop if toasted at high heat!)
1 tsp. Chinese Five spice Powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1. tsp. Ginger powder
A pinch of brown sugar
3 tbsp. Honey
5 tbsp. Teriyaki sauce - It is simple to make your own
In a ziplock bag, add flour and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Place the chicken in the bag and coat chicken.
Heat EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil, I WILL NOT REPEAT THIS!) in a wok over med-hi heat.
Brown chicken on both sides until done, while it is cooking add 5 spice and ginger.
Drain oil from wok, reduce heat to low or simmer and add teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and honey, once well coated and sauce is warm add sesame seeds.
I serve this with Jasmine rice. Normally, I would add a veggie, but I need to go to the grocery store, so for tonight this is it.
Enjoy!
Ps. I originally found this recipe on Allrecipes and the Nest however I changed a few things and made it my own.
Picture to follow if I find batteries and take a decent picture. -- Sorry not the best picture taker.
1 comment:
looks great!! ill have to try this recipe soon!
Post a Comment